Please find the latest version of the Squiggle Grants SDIP below. For commentary on prior versions of this SDIP, please see SDIP: SquiggleTank
This proposal provides a way for the DAO to support small, creative projects that promote the growth and cultural relevance of the Chromie Squiggle. “Squiggle Grants” gives anyone the opportunity to pitch their Squiggle-related idea and receive $SQUIG as a reward.
SquiggleDAO has the opportunity to support and empower anyone who wants to further the DAO’s mission. This project will bring together and reward community members, and enable them to bring their ideas to life.
Creation of Squiggle Grants process documents including;
- Submission form
- Submission guidelines
- Committee responsibilities and project selection guidelines
- Project reporting template
Creation of a Squiggle Grants selection committee empowered to select and reward projects. The selection committee is tasked with:
- Reviewing and voting to select projects to receive rewards each cycle
- Creating at least 2 Discord posts and 2 social media posts publicising Squiggle Grants each month
- Ensuring the completion of an end-of-month report on the previous month’s executed project, including KPIs that reflect how the project added value to the community and/or furthered our core mission of Squiggle culture and growth
Creation of Squiggle Grants discord channels
Up to 1,150 $SQUIG per month:
Up to 1,000 $SQUIG (or $5k/month equivalent) for award recipient(s)
50 $SQUIG per person for 3 committee members
Projects may request up to a maximum of 1,000 $SQUIG (or $5,000 USDC equivalent).
All requested rewards and reimbursements should be reasonable and must be documented.
Applicants willing to accept funding purely in $SQUIG (or mostly $SQUIG) will be prioritised.
Projects that can be completed in a 3 week period will be prioritised.
Reward process and details
Successful applicants will receive a $SQUIG reward on successful completion of their projects. Reward amounts are tiered and based on difficulty. The proposed tier list and accompanying rewards are listed below:
Small, 100 $SQUIG reward, 1-2 hours
Medium, 200 $SQUIG reward, 3-9 hours
Large, 300 $SQUIG reward, 10+ hours
Small: Squiggle Summer meme basket for social media
Medium: Create an intro-to-Squiggles video
Large: IRL like a pop-up squiggle gallery
_Applicants will be asked to self-select the category that they think fits their proposal best based on their expectations of how much work they will be putting in. The Selection Committee may provide advice to applicants on which tier they think is most appropriate for a given project.
In addition to the base reward, projects may be eligible for reimbursements for material costs such as construction materials and art supplies, tickets to events, travel costs, etc. Applicants will bear responsibility for providing details and receipts for any expense they wish to be reimbursed. Reimbursable expenses are capped at 2X the base reward rate (ex reimbursement is capped at 200 $SQUIG for projects in the 100 $SQUIG tier)._
The selection committee members will each be responsible for;
- Reviewing and selecting grant applications to be rewarded
- Performing some basic due diligence to ensure that reimbursement requests are realistic and accurate
- Promoting the Squiggle Grants program in Discord and on other social channels multiple times a month.
- Convening meetings among themselves as necessary
- Following up with successful applicants to ensure they report on the outcomes of their work and ensuring that those outcomes are shared and promoted within the DAO
- Ensuring that successful applicants receive their rewards
- Soliciting new members to the committee if one or more members leaves
- Each selection committee member will receive 50 $SQUIG as monthly compensation
- A selection committee member must recuse themself from decision making if that person has a pending Squiggle Grants award submission
- Because SquiggleDAO does not yet have a licensing agreement, no Squiggle Grants project can generate revenue. Examples include: merchandise, branded coffee, etc.
- Any Squiggles featured in projects should be Squiggles from within the SquiggleDAO treasury