Place Chromie Squiggles at digital bus stop locations in 20 locations around NYC in June 2022, coinciding with NFT NYC. Done in partnership with SaveArtSpace.org, the total cost is $50,000.
CTA / QR codes and presence ideally drives traffic to new SquiggleDAO Website (if ready by event).
One of the key goals for the DAO is to inject the Chromie Squiggle into popular culture. It is especially powerful to do so during NFT NYC.
The goals and key desired outcomes of this campaign are, in priority order:
1) Among people who are not familiar with the Chromie Squiggle (and art NFTs overall), drive awareness of the Chromie Squiggle and drive engagement with the Chromie Squiggle story
Desired reaction: “That looks nice, but I have no idea what it is! I’m going to scan the QR code or Google it to learn more.”
2) Drive top-of-mind awareness of the Chromie Squiggle among NFT NYC attendees
Desired reaction: “Wherever I go (online and in NYC), I feel like I see the Squiggle and hear about it everywhere. Maybe I should set a goal of buying a Squiggle or learn more about Squiggles.”
3) Drive awareness of SquiggleDAO among NFT NYC attendees
Desired reaction: “I didn’t know the DAO existed, that’s cool. I will check it out and perhaps join.”
There is also a secondary benefit of activating the community with this project by having DAO members select which Squiggles go in which locations.
1) >100 QR code scans
2) Achieving all promised CPM and impressions benchmarks given by media placement company
- 3 SquiggleDAO social posts, with average engagement on par with ETH Denver mural posts
At least 1 Tweet from an influential Squiggle stakeholder (Snowfro, Adam Lindemann, Kevin Rose, etc)
- 2x as many UGC Tweets as ETH Denver mural
+3 new people wanting to become active members of SquiggleDAO after NFTNYC (though it’s admittedly to say that this outcome is a direct result of this project)
+10 new people to SquiggleDAO Discord server
+1 advisory appointments for someone looking to buy a new Squiggle
- 1) high-impact locations that match the elevated artistic quality of the Chromie Squiggle 2) high foot-traffic areas and where people can scan QR code (i.e., can’t be too high up)
3) In areas where significant NFT NYC foot traffic will exist
- Optional “Easter Egg” placements - e.g., #3672 full spectrum at 2nd & 56th, up and to the right on Upper East Side, 628/292/929/932 on 9th and 32nd or 9th and 29th , near Venus Digital exhibition
- SaveArtSpace to negotiate locations; Beebs and Memphis_Mantis to use knowledge of NY to help confirm best placements that match the aspirational quality of the Squiggles (e.g., not on a billboard next to a dumpster)
Which Squiggles to Feature
- Engage community to select DAO Treasury Squiggles
Artwork - engage SaveArtSpace to create artwork for each billboard
- QR code will drive to FAQ page on SquiggleDAO.com, providing background information on the Squiggle
Press release done in conjunction with SaveArtSpace
Social media contest to for people to Tweet pictures using #SquigglesInNYC
$50,000 for billboard placements
Approximately 3 hours per week for homerfan33 for 10 weeks (between 11 April and 20 June)
1,000 $SQUIG to beebs; approximately 2 hours per week for beebs for 10 weeks - ensuring proper consumer journey for QR code scans, ensuring best on-the-ground locations, and ideating ways to activate on social media
500 $SQUIG to Memphis_Mantis; approximately 1 hours per week for Memphis_Mantis for 10 weeks - ensuring best on-the-ground locations
Other Ideas Considered
(Other plus-up ideas considered but ultimately not proposed)
- Billboards in high-impact locations (e.g., Times Square). However, those placements have low CPM (# of people seeing the billboard per $ spent) and did not allow for QR codes.
- Print billboards (e.g., LinkNYC system). However, those had lower CPM.
- Scavenger hunt to find all Squiggle placements around NYC - special prize 100 $SQUIG
- SquiggleDAO exclusive event for collectors at NFT NYC. This was deemed too time consuming for the DAO to execute at this time. Instead, the DAO will explore co-hosting an event with others (e.g., Art Blocks)
- Activating Collectors by selling a NFT to have them contribute to billboard fund (see comment). Liked the idea, however, complexity of a NFT and the time required to do outreach to collectors was deemed too time consuming
- Recap video